I got behind in my blogging...(is anything new really?) So, I'm trying to blog all the christmas festivities.
My Dad's birthday is on Christmas Eve... poor guy! This year he turned the big 50!! So we planned a surprise party for him. Unfortunately, after the plans we're made, the guests invited. He had a double hernia operation scheduled for the day before. But the party had to go on. We all filed into the house, and tried to stay quite and away from his bedroom, where he laid in bed with the TV on loud. Susan went to get him, and we all gathered for the big SURPRISE! And boy was he, albeit a little embarrassed to be limping around in his pajamas, while all his friends and family were there. So, he went and got his robe on, then sat in a big comfy chair during the rest of the party. I'm so grateful for my Daddy in my life. He is such a wonderful Papa to my girl! I hope that he had a great birthday!!

Leah and I spent the better part of an entire day making holiday treats. I had originally thought that these would take 3-4 hours at most, but when the project stared going on 8 hours, I got a little discouraged, and resigned my self to never making christmas treats AGAIN!! Honestly, I don't like my neighbors that much, and those that I do don't really need some candy from me to validate our neighborly relationship, right? Ok, I'm just a little bitter from wasting a whole day making these, but I they turned out alright, and Leah and I had fun delivering treats to our family members at their work. So, since I spent way too much time on them, I figured I should take pictures, because they looked really cute!!


I don't know what Leah loved more, helping me sprinkle the suckers, or eating the sprinkles that were spread across the table and floor. 
Christmas Parties are always a fun event to look forward to! We both have such big families, so we have plenty of opportunities to celebrate the holidays together. Here are some pictures from those parties!

We had the Knight family party the saturday after Christmas. Leah and Toby had so much fun being together, and loved all the attention they get from their Great Aunts and Uncles. Little Allie was there too, but the poor girl was so tired from the nap she didn't take :) and very shy around all the unfamiliar people. But it was so good to see her!

We had the Butler Christmas party on the 23rd. Doug and Carol finally got their new house finished. So we all got together there. I could tell that Carol was so happy that she now has a house big enough that all her family can fit, with out sitting on laps! Santa and Ms. Clause came and sang songs and passed out presents. Leah loved seeing Santa, and loved her tiny magnadoodle. She sat on different laps and drew the rest of the night. Of course, I couldn't sneak away without sitting on Santas lap.

We had the Morgan Christmas party on the 22nd. It was a lot of fun, and a little crazy :) Due to planning, which obviously wasn't mine, we didn't have enough food. So, Potatoes Pearls to the rescue!! Got to love that food storage stuff! Santa showed up and Leah was so exited!! Toby, on the other hand, was not as happy. Santa almost dropped her because she was struggling so hard and screaming so loud. Yeah memories!

Here is Leah with her cousins Tayler and Sara. If one of them wasn't holding her, than the other one was. There are days I wish I had a Tayler or Sara at my house to just play with Leah when I can't! She loves them.

One of the few pictures of my and my adorable husband. We had such a great time together during all the holiday festivities!
No comments:
Post a Comment