Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Leah-isms

As we were walking around WalMart, Leah was singing “Gets you well. Gets you well.” I turned around and asked, “Leah, what are you singing?” She shrugged her shoulders. “Just singing that naughty song with bad words in it.”

I gave her a confused/stern look. She quickly held up her hands. “It’s okay Mom, I’m not singing ‘gives you hell.’ I’m singing ‘gets you well.’


In the car, Leah ripped a loud one. “Leah, did you toot?” I asked, trying to hide the smirk on my face.

“Yup,” she said matter-of-factly. Then she sniffed a loud, long sniff. “There. I sniffed it all up.”

At the store, Leah points to her armpits. “Do I have hair under my arm?” She asks.

“No,” I say, trying to avoid the awkward subject in the cereal aisle.

She thinks about it for a second. “When I grow up will I have hair under my arms?”

“Yeah,” I say. “What made you think about this?”

She points to my arm pits. “Because of all the hair that you have under you arms.”

*blushes at the lady passing me in the aisle, and runs to get my razor*



and my favorite


While playing in my office, Leah says rather loudly, “Oh God!”

I turn to her. “What did you say?”

She repeats it.

If you’ve ever tried to explain the naughtiness of the word ‘God’ to a three year old, let me tell you, it’s not easy. Most words are easy: “Don’t ever say that or I’ll wash you mouth out with soap,” But there are time when we can use the word God.

So I gently take her in my lap and try to explain it to her. We use the word when singing I am a Child of God, or saying our prayers. She nods and says that she understands. I breathe a sigh of relief, slightly proud of how well I handled it.

Ten minutes later were walking through the sign shop when Leah burst out: “Oh God!” I turn and before I can even give her the look, she folds her arms, bows her head and says “thank you for this day, thank you for my blessings.”


I tell you. She’s too smart.


8 comments:

Becca said...

She sounds like she's pretty smart to be thinking of all these clever antics. It's good to catch up with you on your blog. I liked your pom pom idea. Maybe we'll try that.

Erin P. said...

Leah is turning into a comedian. I hope you are writing all these stories in a journal because I am sure in the future she will get a kick out of reading they funny things she has said.

Becky Pearson said...

That totally made me laugh out loud! Good post, Tahsh. Leah is such a cute little smarty pants!

Andrea :) said...

Oh my heck! Do you have your hands full or what?! She is too funny!

Tiffany said...

Leah is awesome.

Tera said...

Hey Tahsha!! I saw you on Stephanie's blog and thought I would take a peek at yours... I was laughing so hard, I was crying, reading over things your daughter has said! Too funny! Hope you and your family have a Happy Halloween :)

Lauralee said...

What a hilarious girl. I love it. She is so funny! But it is crazy how quickly they figure things out. Too many things out . . .

TJ and Stephanie said...

Haha, Love that little girl!