Monday, April 18, 2011

Missing

I miss Brad. His absence has changed so many things in my life. There are so many things I never would’ve realized I missed.

I miss going out to lunch. Hitting Magelby’s and trying to be good, but then always ordering a piece of chocolate cake to share.

I miss bringing him a drink at work.

I miss cooking dinner. What’s the point in slaving over a kitchen to make a tiny dinner for me and a four year old? Hot dogs and toast are a great alternative in my house.

I miss the giant pile of laundry: Creative signs shirts, stinky hoodies and wranglers that almost always have something hidden in the pocket.

I miss warm Saturdays with no plans. Last Saturday, we’d have been at Birdseye, fishing and riding four wheelers.

I miss pancake mornings. They just aren’t as fun without him.

I miss Brad’s night to cook dinner. He always choose the best restaurants. Going out it eat isn’t that cool by yourself.

I miss our TV time. Don’t get me wrong. I have no shortage of TV in my life. It’s just always better snuggled up next to him on the couch.

I miss his smart decisions and good advice. He would’ve figured so many things out so much better and faster than I am right now.

I miss making a schedule and negotiating who gets what free day.

I miss having someone to tell my every thought to.

I miss having someone to put me in my place when I need it.

I miss my life being centered around someone else, and not just myself.

Brad was my life.

And I miss my life.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I miss your life for you too. You are strong Tahsha. I know you might not feel like it but you are. Thank you for this post.

Emily said...

:(