Sunday, January 29, 2012

Hawaii

This is where I should be RIGHT NOW!

I'm serious.

I've had this trip, on this day, planned since like...forever.

When I was a very young newlywed and sooooooo in love and thought that we were perfect and Brad could do no wrong, I heard about the "7 year itch." The thought terrified me that one day, Brad and I could possibly get to a point where we wouldn't like each other, or possibly not want to be together or even fight....gasp!

So, Hawaii was my cure to that. We'd been planning and saving for Hawaii ever since then. It was to be the first vacation, since our honeymoon, that we would go on all by ourselves. It was going to be romantic and epic, kinda like an episode of the bachelor. Then we'd come home, all our love renewed, ready for another 7 years.

I never imagined that my 7th anniversary, the one I'd been dreaming about, would be spent without him, chilling at home by myself with no one to hug or kiss or say "Happy Anniversary" to, or even talk to.

Life never quite turns out like you think.

Happy 7th Anniversary Baby.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

That just broke my heart for you. I think about you often and hope you are doing okay. I really enjoyed your 'single mommy' post. It was interesting reading your struggles and triumphs from your point of view. I feel many of the same ways but coming from the divorce side. We really should get together and talk sometime as I am usually home on Friday nights too!

Andrea :) said...

Oh, I think you should go to Hawaii, still! Maybe with all your best girlfriends? It wouldn't be the same, though, I guess. Please keep writing. I enjoy reading your posts. Thanks for giving me a glimpse into your life.

Emily said...

aww dang Tahsh I didn't know it was your anniversary today. I hope you are doing ok. I still feel helpless at times and wish there was more we could do to ease your pain. I'll be thinking and praying for you tonight. love you

Nana and Papa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nana and Papa said...

Not everyone gets the 7 Year itch.

The way you and Brad lived your lives prevented that. Yours IS an Eternal relationship.

Carry on sweetheart. This is one of the last of the "Firsts".

Love,

Daddy

Lukis said...

sorry Missy, totally forgot about today. love you and miss him
mom (on lukes settings)

Nick and Amera said...

Ohhhh Tahsha. I just felt my heart break. I love ya and am thinking of you. I wish there was something I could do or say to help you through the hard bitter times. Your hard firsts are almost over....but I know the pain will never leave. Just know im thinking and praying for you.... hang in there my friend...