Sunday, April 5, 2009

My 24th Birthday

I love my birthday!! I'm not one of those humble, modest people who sit quietly and don't do anything to draw attention to the fact that it is their birthday (even though they are hoping that someone will mention it.) I love my birthday and I want everyone to know it!!! I would wear a blinking banner that says "ITS MY BIRTHDAY!!!" if I had one! My family worked hard to make sure that I had a great day.
First, we went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. ( I can feel a tradition starting...)


The girls were getting a little restless.. it was their nap time after all. So Grandma and Steph were doing what ever they could to entertain them till the yummies came.
And once they did, Leah needed nothing but a huge pile of whip cream to keep her happy! (Isn't that all it takes really?)
The best cheese cake in the world...White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle....Ummm I'm trying to think of a good excuse for one right now....

After lunch,we took the girl to the Living Planet Aquarium. We had such a great time! That place is so cute! They girls were in heaven!

Leah was hesitant of the touch pool at first, but soon I couldn't keep her away!

Stephanie's favorite were the Parana ;) The girls loved the sharks. Each time the shark would pass, they would shriek and shy away, but each time they would come back for more. They loved the alligators. They were delighted when the alligator looked straight at them, then dove in the water and swam right up to the glass. I loved the frogs, especially the bright poison dart frogs.


After the Aquarium, we headed to the mall and I got a few new shirts, and some adorable jewelry! They girls were all tuckered out, and fell asleep in the strollers, a rarity these days.
Brad was at work all day, and he refused to tell me any plans for the evening.. all he said was "don't worry about it" So, I wasn't sure what, if anything, he had planned. We came home from our little day trip, and Brad told me that his Mom was watching Leah so we could go to dinner. So we got ready, and headed to his Moms house. To my astonishment, I walked in to my entire family ready to greet me with a big "Surprise!" I'd never had a surprise party before, so I was so excited. It was great to have everyone I love all in one room. We ate pizza and Steph had made me Better Than Sex Cake. :) My mom got me a great addition to my willow tree nativity. Dad and Susan got me a gift card to the Primrose Retreat. I'm excited to get get a facial! My in laws got me a beautiful minki blanket. Now I can give Brads back! Steph made an awesome new band for my watch, then surprised me with a shirt that I had wanted at the mall. Brad got me a new lens for my camera!! Its a 70-300mm, wide angle lens (I think I don't speak camera...all I know is it zooms in ALOT and its wide! ) I was so excited!!! I've been wanting one forever!! Leah kissing her sweet cousin Ellie.
Leah, Toby an Ellie.. the sweetest girls ever! Leah and Toby helped me blow out all my candles (yes, there are 24...I'm surprised we didn't burn the house down) It was a great day!! Thanks to everyone who helped make my day amazing, and thanks to my amazing husband for going out of his way, and working hard to make me feel special! I love my whole family! I'm the luckiest 24 year old ever!!!

2 comments:

Rockford T. Davies said...

Sounds like a fun birthday! I'm the same as you...I love it when people know it's my birthday! :) Glad you had a good one!

Heather Davies said...

That was actually me leaving the above comment. I was signed in under my husband. I think being pregnant makes you forgetful!