Saturday, June 6, 2009

Irrigation Time

This may seem like a funny thing to blog about but I had to take some time to show how proud I am of Brad. Honestly, he is one of the hardest working people I have ever met. He's taken his Dad's advice to heart: If you don't have too many things on your plate, than you aren't working hard enough. Brad wakes up at the butt crack of dawn to work on his horses, the arena, the fields, or the Roping Club (or some mornings, all of the above) then he works a overly full day. Then his evening are filled with all the things he didn't get done in the morning. And with all this, he still has time to be a great Dad and husband. He is such an amazing guy. 

So I wanted to post about the fields that he has been working on. He got the idea to plant the fields last year, and although some alfalfa grew, we didn't get the crop we wanted. But this year has already been much better. He's worked tirelessly making irrigation ditches (he doesn't mind, he's elated at any time he gets to spend on his tractor) And finally our first irrigation turn came! Leah and I went down to have dinner with him. He had to stay there to "baby sit" to make sure the water was getting turned down to the right places at the right time. He would come home for an hour or two during the night, then go back down. He finally got home at 6 am. But our ditches were a success! I'm so proud of all Brad's work and how smart he is! I love my cute farmer! 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hey Tahsha! That's fun that you guys have a farm! Your fam is way cute :) Let me know when you hit up the zoo, we live pretty close by. Maybe we could meet you or something.