Thursday, July 7, 2011

Flowers for Daddy

While we were up at the cabin Leah wanted to pick wildflowers for her Daddy. We took a little ride up to the meadow. Her bouquet couldn't be big enough and soon it got too dark that I had to force her to come back. I think she wanted to take every flower off the mountain for Daddy.

We tied them together and stuck them in a water bottle and brought them (and a few bugs) home.

How can I ever resist this little girl when she wants to go to the cemetery? We've been early in the morning, in the pitch dark, and during a rain storm.



She said he'd love the flower because the mountains are Daddy's favorite.

I said he'd love the flowers because they were from her.

9 comments:

ash & diz said...

Leah is such a beautiful lil girl!! Those pictures of her are darling. It's very sweet that she wanted to pick flowers for her daddy.

It was great seeing you guys last night. :)

Tiffany said...

What a sweetheart!

Anonymous said...

What a precious little girl such a touching post. love you guys!

~Maria said...

She is such a cutie! :) Thanks for sharing this!

Nana and Papa said...

I know those flowers. When I see them I can feel their life and understand their purpose.

Erin said...

That is so sweet. :)

Becky Pearson said...

Tears to my eyes, such sweet pics.

Stacey said...

That truly is the sweetest thing ever!! She is so cute!!

Jo Schaffer Layton said...

xo! Remember that one time you had to sing right after talking about Brad? Gulp!