Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tough Chicks

Yup. That's me. Hauling my own four-wheeler up through the mountains all by myself! Leah kept giving me "knuckles" and saying, "Mom, we're tough chicks."
I was pretty proud of myself.

See, it's so incredibly frustrating feeling like I can't take care of myself, like I have to rely on everyone else. And being at the mercy of their time schedule. (I just can't nag my brothers like I could my husband.) I just feel helpless.

So, I put on my big girl panties and took Leah camping! Sure, I needed a little help here and there, but it felt so good to know that I was handling things.

Wanna know something I regret? Instead of sitting back and letting the boys do the work all my life, I wish I'd let my Dad, my brothers and especially Brad teach me somethings so that I could take care of myself better.

I'm just taking things one day at a time. Who knows, now it's just towing my own four-wheeler, maybe soon I'll be able to squish my own spiders.

Okay. Let's not go too far.

9 comments:

Kristie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristie said...

You are awesome! I am going to take your advice and try to learn a few things from the men in my life! I want to be a tough chick too :)

Jennifer Sciore said...

Wow! I have always been afraid to pull a trailer. You and Leah are definitely TOUGH CHICKS!!!

TJ and Stephanie said...

HAHA! I'll come squish your spiders and you can haul the big stuff. I'm really proud of you, I'm not sure I would be brave enough to drive a trailer with a 4-wheeler all the way to your cabin. You are TOUGH!

Jessica said...

Wow, you are a tough chick! I don't believe I've ever hauled anything!

Hakuna Matata said...

I came upon your blog several weeks ago and have been amazed and humbled. Although my experiences are quite different than yours, I have found some peace in you sharing your feelings and thoughts. I remember the first time I took our little tent trailer out camping by myself for the first time with my two kids, how scared, intimidated and helpless I felt. However, by the time we got home I felt stronger mentally and emtionally. It's so good for us to push ourselves and what an amazing example you are to your daughter. Even though life doesn't turn out the way we thought it would, you truly have the biggest job ever in raising your daughter and I constantly am reminded just how blessed I am to have been trusted to do that job! I wish you all the best. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you move forward. You can do it!
Rebecca

The Hills said...

You're amazing! Way to rock your big girl pants :) I'll probably never attempt hauling anything by myself.

And I've totally been feeling the same way. I so wish I didn't let Ben do so much for me. Oh well! :)

*WEST* said...

Thats so awesome!! Missing you every month!

Erin said...

Wow! You are amazing. Good for you two. I bet you had a lot of fun.