Sometimes I do dumb things. Like sit with a scrapbook or read back through my blog posts. Sometimes those dumb things make me weepy. I remember the memories with Brad, I remember the acute pain of loosing him. I’ve been doing it to myself lately, as I’ve been trying to journal some of the experiences I had during the time of Brad’s death and the awful story of his accident.
Today was strange. I went back through Facebook - since it now has the super cool, sometimes annoying timeline, and read through the posts on my wall in the days following Brad’s death. “So sorry for your loss.” “You are in my prayers.” Over and over and over. The words themselves were almost meaningless, (don’t feel bad, there’s is never anything to say) but the small profile picture next to the generic sentiment is what touched me. Wow. So many people care. So many people hurt for my family. So many people love me. I’m so blessed.
This time, though, as I immersed myself back into those awful days, it didn’t make me cry.
Strangely it made me happy.
Because it doesn’t hurt so much anymore. And because, before, when I tried to look across my future I couldn’t see anything–Just a dark brick wall right before my eyes.
Now? I see a bright future with lots of possibilities. A future that excites me.
I see how much God loves me and that his plan for me was never to be miserable forever. His plan is for me to be happy. And to find happiness in the midst of trails. To learn that I can be happy despite what has happened to me. To accept. To move forward with faith. Faith that God’s hand is always in my life. Faith that he loves me and has great things in store for me. Faith that the unanswerable questions will all be taken care of one day.
Life is pretty darn good.
P.S. Yes. I’m dating someone. Yes. He’s freaking amazing.
12 comments:
It is great to hear that you are finding happiness!! It sounds like we need to have another girls day, you just don't reveal enough information on your blog;) Your amazing Tahsha!
I so happy that you finding happiness! And so happy that you found someone. I love your blog, you are the best writer!
Well he would have to be amazing, now wouldn't he? All the best Tahsh!
You are such an inspiration, I love ya.
You are such an inspiration, I love ya.
So happy for you Tahsha! You deserve to be happy! I think you are right Heavenly Father doesn't like to see us miserable, and I don't think Brad would either. Loves <3
P.S. I'm really going to miss seeing your mom down at the Chev. :(
Aw dang this post made me cry again. I remember all last year reading your posts and tearing up because I still hurt so bad for you. Today I was tearing up cause I'm so happy for you. I'm excited for your future too. Love you friend!
dating??!! look at you, how could you not date and how could he not be anything but amazing! I'm sure brad send him your way :)
Yay! Im so happy that you are seeing that "this too shall pass" What a great reward for you becaUSE YOU endured your trial so well! I am so happy for you, you deserve everything and the best and so does Leah! You deserve it girl..... I cant wait to hear about him, if you decide to write about it :) Love ya!!!! You are seriously so awesome and amazing!
So happy for you! You are such an amazing person. So glad that you are finding happiness. :) Love you!
Awww! You know how happy I am for you. And Emily said it best (what's new!?). Love ya!
I'm so happy for you Tahsha! You deserve to be happy. I'm sure the Lord and Brad had a hand in sending someone amazing your way. Miss seeing you every month, we need to get together!!!
Post a Comment