Leah's been in T-ball for a few weeks. I think it's the most adorable thing ever. Especially because she's usually the only girl on her team and she usually schools them all. Okay- Only in hitting. The rest we need to work on. But it's not her fault that she can't catch. Her mom can't throw. She's at a disadvantage.
Leah Lou getting all ready to hit.
Such a nice swing!
And, phew! She made it to first. {After running to third and then zig zagging back to first base.}
A little break to say "Hi Grandma Carol!"
She even got a throw in!
And another break to get after the mean kid who kept hitting her on the head with his mitt. She's saying, "Stop it right now."
It's been fun watching her play and seeing her improve. I figured, if she's be a Ford, she better at least know how to throw a ball. :)
That night, we got to go down to the Arrowhead Roping Club for their second annual Brad Ford Memorial Ropin.
How I love these cowboys.
Our good friend Cody was here from Hawaii and gave a very nice tribute to Brad. I was doing really well until he got up and got emotional- then I broke down like a baby. They made these awesome buckles for the champions and even redid the sign they put up last year to represent the Creative Signs colors.
All the cowboys got of their horses, held their hats over their hearts while they let out Brad's steer.
Then - the coolest thing ever- while they dedicated a song to Brad, they had a plane do fly-by acrobatics over the arena. It was so amazing.
And I have to admit - it was nice to have someone recognize Brad again.
In the beginning, it felt like life stopped and all the world cared and revolved around remembering and honoring Brad. And then, with the passing of time and the changes in life, that slowly goes away - even with myself sometimes. It's nice to know that there will always be people who remember Brad, who want to honor the kind of man he was and the way he lived his life. Sometimes it's still so surreal that he is gone.
Leah was the happiest girl that night because one of the cowboys let her ride. I loved how much she loved it. She didn't want to get off.
I even got to ride and I was surprised how much I missed it.
Really - We've been busy with Fiesta Days and Girls Camp and a new house and a new relationship- life goes a million miles an hour. But it's been so good lately.
I swear, I'll make a post about South Dakota and the cruise (yes! Okay! I freaking swear I'll post about the cruise! I love you people!)
Happy Summer!
5 comments:
Leah is so cute. And beautiful. I'm glad things are going well for you!
Look at how cute Leah looks playing t-ball!? Love it! I will anxiously by waitng your cruise post ;) I sure do miss you!! Your summer needs to slow down just a bit, so we can hang out!
Those picts of Leah playing tball are sooooo cute!! I love them!! She is one tough cookie! So glad your doing well!!!
Leah looks like she is having a ton of fun with T ball! I love her long hair under that hat - so cute! You two look at home on that horse too. I am really happy summer is going well for you.
It was so good to see you so many times while we were in Utah!!! Cody was honored to remember Brad. He misses him like crazy and would love to just pick up the phone and call him. I feel the same about ARC as you do, they are some pretty amazing guys who would give the shirt off their back for anyone. When Brit had his accident I know Brad was the one who had the idea to do a benefit roping for us to help with medical bills. We are eternally grateful for you and Brad for helping us in our time of need. Thanks again for asking Brit to be on the float...it was the highlight of his summer! Enjoy the last few weeks of summer!
Post a Comment